Saturday, August 05, 2006

Back on the Scrapping Train!!!

Well, I am very very excited. Only a week and a bit after I have had surgery and I have managed to scrap again. Oh my gosh I am just so excited LOL!! Nothing is going to stop me know, except for no time, kids and office work etc. Never mind, they can all wait. A few months back I started attending a scrapbooking class called "Pieces of Me". My girlfriend Lisa is one of the Tutors for this class. It's not what you know, its who you know LOL!!! Love you to bits Lisa. Anyway, I am way way behind on our pages and decided to try and get my b... into gear and get a hurry on. We are scrapbooking a 8 x 8 album. And by the way, the gorgeous lime green paper that I have used at the bottom of my double layout are from the daisyd's premium paper collection, which I got from Scrapbookingbydesign. Thanks Lisa, absolutely wonderful papers. I have to keep away from her amazing products. Her collection of scrapbooking products is just to die for. All the browns that I have used are from the basic grey range. When we first started our class, we were given a bag of goodess to start our project off with. In the bag was about a dozen puzzle pieces, so I decided to cover them with bazzil. I machine sewed all the labels onto the puzzle pieces first and then after cutting and sticking everything together, brushed gold paint over the puzzle pieces. Very time consuming, but I love the finish that I got.
The flowers that I used were from making memories. I used chipboard on the layout as well. And last of all fibers. As you can see, I absolutely love colour. LOL!!!

Well I am a bit sad today, because I have had my mother in-law staying with us since last Tuesday. She came up from Hamilton to help me with everything after my operation. The house is just immaculate. My gosh this woman just doesn't stop. At 7am the beds a make, the kids are being fed, the washing machine is on. The vaccum cleaner is just about to have a work out. Lunches are made. Dinner is being prepared. Kids are put into their uniforms and sent off to school. I am sent off to the shower. Then before you know it, it is morning tea. My mother-law is just amazing. What am I going to do without her. She only left 3 hours again and I feel lost. LOL!!! Come back please.....come back...... Anyway I think I have rambled on for long enough. As you have probably read, I am very excited to be scrapping again. So signing off!!! And thanks if you are still reading LOL!! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fab Tracey, love the green and brown together and very inventive the way you have used your puzzle pieces which is very fitting i.e: 'Pieces of Me' album. Great to hear you can scrap again even though I know you have to take it slow, yay! won't be long and we can have our scrap nights again!! :)

Anonymous said...

You certainly are a busy girl, getting back into scrap so quickly after your op and lucky to have home help from your Ma-In-Law, it would be a welcome change from doing it all yourself. I am glad Lisa got you into scraping it looks like an interesting hobby, shame I could'nt do the same for her with the beading - still she is very resourceful, just gets her fingers into everything and give it a good go. Hope I get to catch up with you soon!