Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Can't Stop Myself!!!

I am the type of person that just can't resist stripping something and then repainting it. My daughter was feeling a little down because she is sick of having to live in a gibbed room. Budget didn't quite stretch to finish our extensive renovations LOL! She wanted her room in the pink and orange theme and I had been lucky enough to get the perfect duvet from my girlfriend. Her older daughter was going to have it for her room and changed her mind on her colourscheme. Thank goodness LOL! Anyway Aimee's furniture was looking very tired, being meltecca, so I decided to surprise her. I took the old black handles off and replaced them with these gold ones and then got my tester pots out and tried to match the colours of the duvet. I stripped and painted the cabinet and 2 draws with an off white paint in a random brush stroke pattern. I was really pleased with the results. Just goes to show if you have a little time and little money, you can make something last a few more years. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Tracey, you're kids are very lucky to have a great Mum that does so much for them to keep them happy :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - looks great who would've thought they would come up that good! I remember them from their old life - well done