Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Kids are @ home sick, so ........... Challenge #10!

Three of my babies stayed home today. One with a sore tummy, one with a blocked nose and very sore throat and one with a chesty cough. We went to the doctors and got our medicine and the kids snuggled down in the lounge. So in between getting drinks, pamol, and food, I decided that it would be a great opportunity to do a little scrapbooking.

I had a thought last night and as usual I ended up doing something for NZ DARES!! Very very addictive, even though I thought I wouldn't have the time to enter this time.

Anyway I have had this Pagerz Template 'Jungle' for as long as I have been scrapping and I have never used it.

I ran the paper through the printer to get the small wording and then stenciled my letters onto the paper with a black marker. Then I stenciled the letters onto the scraps of papers that I had left over from the layout. I cut all the letters out with scissors and the pasted them onto the outlines of the stencil on the background. It turned out really neat. Looks almost 3D in real life. Reminds me of manual sizzex!!! I took agers!!.

I was a bit disappointed with the scan. The programme I am using tends to cut off the ends quite a bit. There was a black border right around the title. Never mind. Anyway my challenge is done. And another scrapbooking page complete. I just love this photo of Jacob.

The title is "MY WEE MAN @ 16mths old. Sometimes you wish time would stand still!" Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Tracey, just love those Girlfriend Papers, and who said you can't use them for Boys!! Awesome colours, fab title, you've done such a neat job cutting out those letters can see they would have taken a bit of work, love this pic of Jacab too :)

Anonymous said...

Tracey, so pleased that the dares have encouraged you to use something you've never used before! That's what its all about! And a great page too. Awesome.

lianne said...

That is way cool Tracey.